Cranberries are one of the most popular fruits ever. We mix them into just about everything. Apple juice, grapes, lamb chops, pork chops, jam – if it can be eaten or drank, we have found a way for cranberries to be mixed in. But did you know that cranberries are also one of the healthiest fruits for you? Many studies have shown that cranberries provide many different health benefits. Here are a few ways to implement the healing and rejuvenating effects of cranberries into your life.
Health benefits of cranberries:
- Cancer Prevention – Many doctors have found that cranberries actually slow the growth and spread of tumors. Research also suggests that cranberries are helpful against many forms of cancer – breast, ovarian, and liver cancers – just to name a few.
- Cardiovascular disease – The anti-inflammatory nature of cranberries has been proven to help reduce blood pressure in some cases and helps reduce platelet build up. It is these effects that help reduce the possibility of heart disease in many individuals.
- Dental care – The proanthocyanidins in cranberries help prevent bacteria from binding to teeth. This helps lead to cleaner teeth and fewer cavities with a decrease in gingivitis.
Best ways to enjoy cranberries:
- Dried Cranberries – Surprisingly enough, dried cranberries are not as healthy for you as just regular cranberries. They have a lot of sugar and most of the nutrients are dried out. They are still high in fiber, but its not the best way to get all of the nutrients available.
- Smoothies – This is a great way to keep all the nutrients and antioxidants that cranberries offer, while still enjoying the flavor of cranberries. Since, the cranberries are liquefied and juiced they keep all their natural flavors and nutritional values.
- Scented Candles – A quality cranberry scented soy candle can also be very aromatherapeutic. It burns cleanly and the cranberry scent itself is known to be very relaxing and soothing. In fact, we sell cranberry scented candles that you might enjoy here.
- Plain – The best and easiest way to retain all the nutrients of cranberries is just eating them straight, especially if they are grown from home. Granted, the flavor of raw cranberries might not be the best, but this is the best way to consume them for nutritional value.
Of course, there are many different ways to enjoy cranberries, but these are just a few. Cranberries are one of the best super foods out there and they should be apart of anyone’s diet. Order some cranberries today and see how much they affect your health!